Friday, February 27, 2009

Handmade Baby Gift For A Boy



I've been keeping busy sewing up all kinds of fun things for gifts. It's hard to post a gift if you think there might be the slightest possibility that the recipient might actually read your blog. I can finally tell you about the diaper changing pad and diaper and wipes clutch I made for a friend who just had a sweet little boy. I used Sew Take a Hike's tutorial and machine quilted hibiscus fabric (using the reverse side of the pattern). I also tested out iron-on vinyl on cute polka dot fabric for the inside. I used the same fabric for the inside of the clutch, as well. If I was having another baby, I would sew make this for myself.

The gift wrapping was a sewn burlap sack closed with the scallop stitch I just discovered on my sewing machine. I also wanted to mention the colored elastic on the clutch is a hair band. I've got them in every color now!

I've got a couple more posts coming up with some more gifts I've made. I might just risk it and post them early.

No comments: