Friday, December 12, 2008

Gingerbread House Decorating Ideas





It seems that we've started a holiday tradition in our family. Every year we decorate a gingerbread house and my son tears it apart and eats it in no time! You might notice that I wrote "decorate" and not actually "make and decorate". We usually pick up a kit at Costco and go from there. One year, however, I was invited to a gingerbread decorating party. Again, I didn't actually have to make and assemble the house; I got the fun job of decorating it.

I did want to point out the cool pond that I made out of Vicks cough drops. I think I outlined an area with frosting and then I crushed the cough drops and placed them inside the pond and added drops of water which melted the cough drops and created the pond. Then I placed candy rocks on top of the frosting.

The day of the party, it was a rainy day, and those who sat nearest the open door tragically lost all their hard work when their houses collapsed from the humidity. Word of warning, don't work in or near a humid environment!

No comments: